- A single console controls up to 16 computers
- Multiplatform support: PC, Mac, Sun and terminal-based systems
- Dedicated chain ports – daisy chain up to 31 additional units – control up to 512 computers from a single console
- Extends the distance between computers and switch – up to 40 m (130′) for resolutions of 1280 x 1024 @ 60Hz, 30m (100′) for resolution of 1600 x 1200 @ 60Hz
- No software required – convenient computer selection via port selection switches, Hotkeys and intuitive On Screen Display (OSD) menus
- No need for manual DIP switch setting – auto-sensing of station positions for daisy chained installations
- LED indicates station’s position
- Auto Scan Mode enables continuous monitoring of user-selected computers
- Hot Pluggable – add or remove computers without having to power down the switch
- Two level password security – only authorized users view and control the computers – up to four Users plus an Administrator with separate profiles for each
- Multi-language support: American/UK English; Traditional Chinese; Japanese; French; German; Korean
- Superior video quality – supports resolutions of up to 1600 x 1200 @ 60Hz
- Multiplatform support:Windows 2000/XP/Vista, Linux, Mac, Unix, SUN and FreeBSD.
- For more information about KVMs which can connect to KH1516, see Compatible KVM Table
ATEN 16-Port Cat 5 High-Density KVM Switch KH1516
The KH1516 KVM Switches are control units that allow access to multiple computers from a single KVM (keyboard, monitor, and mouse) console. The KH1516 features RJ-45 connectors and Cat 5e/6 cable to link to the computers. Combined with Auto Signal Compensation (ASC) signals can travel up to 40 meters and still maintain high video resolution.