- One USB console controls up to 16 HDMI interface computers and two additional USB 3.1 Gen 1 peripheral devices
- Cascadable to two levels – controls up to 256 computers1
- Multi-Display feature – stacks up to eight CS18216 units and display video from up to 8 monitors (dual display / triple display / quad display / multi-display)
- Video DynaSync™ – an exclusive ATEN technology that eliminates boot-up display problems and optimizes the resolution when switching among different sources
- EDID Expert™ – selects optimum EDID mode for smooth power-up and highest quality display
- Superior video quality – up to 4K DCI (4096 x 2160 @ 60Hz)
- Built-in 2-port USB 3.1 Gen 1 hub with SuperSpeed 5 Gbps data transfer rates
- Audio enabled – full bass response provides a rich experience for 2.1 channel stereo sound
- Supports HD audio2
- Computer selection via pushbuttons, hotkeys, OSD, and RS-232 commands
- Independent switching of KVM and USB peripheral focus3
- Two-level (administrator / user) password authorization for enhanced security protection
- Broadcast mode – operations can be simultaneously performed on all selected computers, such as software installation and upgrading, system-wide shutdown, etc.
- Auto Scan Mode for monitoring all computers
- Console mouse port emulation / bypass feature supports most mouse drivers and multifunction mice
- Multilingual keyboard mapping – supports English (US), English (UK), German (GER.), German (SWISS), French, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, and Simplified Chinese
- Mac / Sun keyboard support and emulation4
- Supports hot-plugging
- HDMI compliant; HDCP 2.2 compliant
- Multiplatform support – Windows, Linux, Mac, and Sun
- Firmware upgradable
- Supports multimedia, wireless keyboards and mouse
1. CS18216 cascades to CS18216 only.
2. HD audio through HDMI channel cannot be switched independently.
3. Independent switching is only supported under mouse emulation mode.
4. PC keyboard combinations emulate Mac / Sun keyboards; Mac / Sun keyboards work only with their own computers.
ATEN 16-Port USB 3.0 4K HDMI KVM Switch CS18216
The ATEN CS18216 16-Port USB 3.0 4K HDMI KVM Switch can effectively access and control up to 16 HDMI computers from a single USB keyboard, USB mouse, and HDMI monitor console. The CS18216 supports high video quality up to 4K DCI (4096 x 2160 @ 60Hz), presenting crystal-clear visuals.
To meet the needs of easy expansion and flexibility, the CS18216 can control up to 256 computers by cascading to two levels for a single console. Furthermore, the CS18216 supports multi-display function by stacking up to eight CS18216 units to compare and analyze information on 8 monitors at most, which substantially streamlines the working environment.
With two patented ATEN technologies – Video DynaSync™ and EDID Expert™, the CS18216 can optimize display resolution, accelerate switching between ports and power up smoothly while eliminating boot-up display problems.
Besides, the CS18216 comes with a built-in USB 3.1 Gen 1 hub delivering data transfer rates up to 5 Gbps, allowing users to speed up operations and share USB peripherals instantly. For user-friendly port selection methods, the CS18216 offers pushbuttons, hotkeys, RS-232 commands, and OSD with newly-designed UI, bringing effortless and intuitive operations.
To eliminate security concern, a two-level password authorization is available to enhance security protection for accessing and controlling computers. Consolidating these advantageous functionalities, the CS18216 is ideal for server room or computer room management applied in industries with requirements for high-quality images and multitasking, such as enterprise, government, production, telecom, finance, media, content provider, video surveillance, etc.
|Maximum||256 (via Cascade)|
|Port Selection||OSD, Hotkey, Pushbutton, RS-232Commands|
|Console Ports||1 x HDMI Female (Black)
2 x USB Type A Female
2 x 3.5mm Audio Jack Female (Green; 1 x front, 1 x rear)
|KVM Ports||16 x HDMI Female
16 x USB3.1 Gen1 Type B Female (Blue)
16 x 3.5mm Audio Jack Female (Green)
|Firmware Upgrade||1 x RJ11 Female (Black)|
|Power||1 x DC Jack|
|USB Hub||2 x USB3.1 Gen1 Type A Female (Blue; 2 x front)|
|Port Selection||16 x Pushbutton|
|Reset||1 x Semi-recessed Pushbutton|
|Firmware Upgrade Recovery||1 x Slide Switch|
|On Line /Selected||16 (Orange)|
|USB Link||16 (Green)|
|Keyboard / Mouse||USB|
|Video||HDMI: 4096 x 2160 @ 60Hz|
|Scan Interval||0 – 255 seconds (default: 5 secs.)|
|Operating Temperature||0 – 40°C|
|Storage Temperature||-20 – 60°C|
|Humidity||0 – 80% RH, Non-condensing|
|Weight||3.54 kg ( 7.8 lb )|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||43.24 x 21.43 x 4.40 cm
(17.02 x 8.44 x 1.73 in.)